OHV Information

Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine. Some states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-residents fees.

To obtain a non-resident permit, you must provide proof of out-of-state residency and that the OHV is not owned by a Utah resident. The cost for a 12-month permit is $30. Revenues generated from OHV user fees are dedicated to construction, improvement, operation and maintenance of OHV trails throughout Utah.

A permit can be obtained online here, or in Moab at the Moab Visitors Center located at the corner of Main St And Center St. More information regarding OHV tags can be found at the Utah State Parks website.