Off Highway Vehicle Information

All vehicles must stay on designated roads and trails.There are no open play areas, campgrounds included. Operation of vehicles off designated roads and trails is a class A misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment and/or forfeiture of vehicle. To report off road travel or vandalism call 435-259-2444. For more information visit Utah OHV laws

Owners of ATVs, off-highway motorcycles or snowmobiles, brought into Utah by non-residents, must obtain a non-resident permit for their machine. Some states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-residents fees.

OHV Permit
To obtain a non-resident permit, you must provide proof of out-of-state residency and that the OHV is not owned by a Utah resident. The cost for a 12-month permit is $30. Revenues generated from OHV user fees are dedicated to construction, improvement, operation, and maintenance of OHV trails throughout Utah.

A permit can be obtained online by visiting the Utah State Park website, or in Moab at the Moab Visitors Center located at the corner of Main Street and Center Street.